item 2 : Learning CirclesWhat are your views on the:
effectiveness of the learning circles approach, especially its effectiveness within the Asia-Pacific cultural context?
Please remember that Gerald already highlighted some of the problems in the pilot of Learning Circles when we all met in December in Chiangmai ... these were ...
- insufficient initial training
- lack of a common language of communication
- written materials (in English) too wordy
- regional contrasts marginalised some schools
- unreliable telecommunications networks
- insufficient country level support for participating teachers
- learning circle coordination was managed too remotely
- teachers' email culture was not well established